It's so hard to believe Cole is already 2 weeks old, yet I can barely remember what life was like without him! He is a very easy-going baby so far and we appreciate that! The jaundice is all cleared up and he is packing on one to two ounces every day. He weighed in at 6 lbs, 5 ounces at his 2 week checkup on Friday. He is really getting the hang of nursing, despite the fact that he is tongue-tied (he gets that from Mommy). He still nurses every 2 hours during the day (doctor's orders) but he will sleep anywhere from 3.5 to 5 hours at night. I really think he already knows the difference between night and day. At night he goes right back to sleep, and he has a lot of alert time from about 9 a.m. til noon each day. Last night I only had to get up with him once!!
This was our first week on our own since my mom and dad left on Feb 28. I was so sad to see them go knowing that they are so far away and Cole can't see them more often. Mom was a wonderful help to us and I can't imagine what I would have done without her here through bed rest, 4 days in the hospital, and our first week at home with Cole. Jeff and I have each been getting out of the house at least once a day to keep our sanity! Jeff goes to the gym and I have met with a few clients (very briefly) and run some quick errands. We are happy that Cole will take a bottle as well as nurse, so that we can be flexible with our lives. However, I can't stand to be away from him for more than an hour or two!
We've enjoyed taking brief walks in the stroller when the Corpus winds die down enough for us to go outside. Last night he had his first dinner party with the Dunstons and got to meet his future girlfriend, Karine, and her big sister Ella. Ella was so sweet with him and she is going to be a wonderful help to Gabe and Staci when they welcome their newest little bundle this summer--finally a boy!! Cole is going to be surrounded by friends!
Here are some highlights from the first 2 weeks...
First Doctor's Appointment and Meeting Dixie and Duke
First Stroll with Mom and Dad
First Bath and bonding with Daddy
Getting to know my Mimi and Poppy
Awe - super cute! Good job posting pics and making updates! Hope all goes well "on your own". He's darling! : ) You look great, too! Love ya!
ReplyDeletei love all the pics- keep em coming! have you learned to blog/email with one hand yet?
ReplyDelete