Monday, July 6, 2009

Four Month Checkup


Cole had his 4 month checkup last week. Here are his stats:

16 lbs 0 ounces (75 percentile)
26 and 1/4 inches long (82 percentile)


I can not believe that he has grown 7 inches in only 4 months and has almost tripled his birth weight! At this rate, he will be towering over me before he even starts kindergarten! ;)

His hair is starting to come in a little thicker, although it is still very fine and blond. He has beautiful dark blue eyes and the rosiest little lips. I love these pictures of him and the Dunston girls.



He is SO talkative and his favorite sounds recently are "brrrrrr" and "bew, bew, bew." He will look intently into my eyes and repeat this over and over, as if he is telling me some really important stuff! It melts my heart.


He has finally gotten the hang of rolling over from tummy to back! He did this for the first time when he was about 2 and a half months old, possibly by accident. He did it a couple of times, but then he never even tried again until recently. Now he can roll over with ease! He can also roll from his back to his side, but still doesn't know what to do with that bottom arm that's always in the way. Now that he can roll around and get himself comfortable, he has given up the bouncy seat and is sleeping in his crib. I was worried he was going to exceed the weight limit on the bouncy seat before I was able to get him in the crib, but fortunately he made the transition before it became a problem!


Not only is he sleeping in his crib, but he's also sleeping through the night!!! I feel like a new woman now that I am getting 8 consecutive hours of sleep at night! Cole goes to bed around 6:30, I wake him up for one last feeding at 10:00ish, and then he sleeps till morning. Of course, now that I've announced this on the blog, he'll probably start waking up at night again!

Next week I will be taking him on his first plane ride. We are flying to Georgia on July 15 for a whole week! I wish Jeff could come with us, but he has to stay home and work this time. I'm a little nervous about flying with him alone, but I know it will be worth it for him to see his family!

I am hoping that my dear friend, Staci Dunston, goes into labor before I leave for Georgia! She is expecting her first boy any day now! We are so excited to see how a boy fits into their family, and for Cole to have a new partner in crime! We surprised Staci with a baby shower last week. Here's the mommy of three-to-be with Sheri.


Oh, and I'm terrible for not posting any photos from Jeff's first Father's Day! We celebrated the occasion together with the Dunstons with steaks and ice cream cake . Here are the "#1 Dads" and a shot of the Johnson family plus 1:

1 comment:

  1. Of course once you announce that your baby is sleeping through the night, they regress! Don't worry, he'll be back on track in no time :) I love all of your pictures! BTW, you said you were flying to GA on June 15th...gotta love baby brain! :)

    ReplyDelete