Thursday, February 11, 2010

January/February 2010

I know, I know--I've been slacking on the blog lately! Life has been busy at the Johnson household!

First of all, the month of January was plagued by one illness after the other for poor little Cole. He never even ran a fever in his whole life until the month of January, and then it was just one thing after another! First, he came down with Roseola, then he had "Hand, Foot, and Mouth disease" (sounds MUCH worse than it actually is!), and then a common cold turned into Croupe, which then turned into some sort of infection. But, we are happy to report that the little guy is back to his happy, healthy, giggly, self again! Hopefully we can make it through the rest of the winter without any more trips to the urgent care or after-hours calls to the pediatrician.


This should have been our first clue that Cole was coming down with something...he fell asleep sitting up on a short wagon ride around the block!


On January 31, Jeff and I took a HUGE step and went away for a week---without Cole! I didn't think I could leave him, but much to my surprise, not only did I get on the plane, but I had a great time! We went skiing in Telluride, Colorado. It was our first time skiing in 10 years! We enjoyed it so much that we are determined to make it a ritual. We are so excited for Cole to be old enough to get out on the slopes with us!







Jeff's parents came out and stayed with Cole while we were gone, and everything went great! As you can see from the photos, Cole had a blast with his Gigi and Grandpa. The best part of the whole trip, though, was coming home to our sweet boy! The moment he saw us, he was grinning ear to ear, about to burst with happiness. What an awesome feeling!


Cole enjoyed his outings with Gigi and Grandpa, swinging on the porch, and of course, getting into some mischief...


Since we've been home, he has said "Da-da" and "doggy" a few times, and he says "mama" all the time! He is still not walking yet, but he is very close.

We can't believe his first birthday is coming up! He got to practice wearing his party hat at Karine Dunston's 2nd birthday party. It has been so fun to watch him interact with the Dunston clan this year, as if they are his own brothers and sisters! My friend, Staci, watches Cole at her house while I work, so Cole is learning to play with kids of all ages (Ella is 4, Karine is 2, Gavin is 7 months) and he loves being over there!


This year has been the best year of our lives, filled with more happy memories than I can possibly count!

No comments:

Post a Comment