Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cole's First Vacation (Part 2)

Cutie Pie

So...After the ceremony in Pensacola on Friday, we hopped back in the truck and headed up to Sugar Hill, GA to stay with Melanie and Cory (my sister and brother-in-law). This leg of the trip took 6 and 1/2 hours, and again, Cole was wonderful! They teased us because we brought EVERYTHING with us...I think the entire contents of Cole's nursery were in the back of the truck! Anyway...I was so excited to be able to introduce Cole to his Aunt Mel, Uncle Cory, and cousins Caleigh and Jake!

The next morning, my mom and dad arrived to spend the day with their newest grandbaby (#5!). At the last minute, Jeff and I had the opportunity to spend the afternoon at Lake Lanier with Mel and Cory and their friends. My mom offered to take Cole home with her and keep him overnight so that Jeff and I could have a relaxing time at the lake AND get an entire night's sleep!!! I really struggled over parting with Cole for such a long time, but in the end, I couldn't pass up the offer!!! After all, we don't have a free overnight babysitter in Corpus! Jeff and I had a blast at the lake riding jet skis and hanging out, but I was most looking forward to getting home to Mel's and sleeping in as long as I wanted!! Knowing Cole was in great hands, I wasn't the least bit worried about him. However, at 5:30 a.m. I woke up MISSING him terribly!!! I couldn't wait until it got late enough to call my mom just so I could hear about every single thing he had done since I last talked to her. (Of course, I'd already called 3 times from the lake.) By 7:00 a.m. I was already driving up to Dahlonega to see him! So much for sleeping in!


Jeff and Caleigh on the Jet Skis... I can't believe Caleigh's 12 years old!


Melanie and Cory

Sunday was my first Mother's Day! It was wonderful to be able to celebrate the day WITH my mom and AS a mom! This day was so special because it was the first time our entire family has been together in one house in years (maybe ever?)!!! It was touching to see Cole with all of his cousins, aunts, and uncles! So many people love him!


The Whole Family!



Shelby's son, Nathanael, 5 years old. We discovered Nathanael's baby pics look exactly like Cole! This is a photo of Nathanael at 3 months old. What do you think?




Noriko helping Leo hold Cole (Leo is 3, and no longer the baby of the family!)

On Tuesday my mom and I got to have lunch with my dear friend Amy!! I was so excited for her to meet Cole as well, but of course he slept through the entire lunch! Finally, I just had to get him out of his car seat right before we left the restaurant, which is why he looks a bit groggy in the picture! Sorry, Amy, hopefully next time you see him he'll be a little more alert!



So, as I'm writing this, I can't believe that this phase of our trip is already over! Tomorrow morning we are leaving for Ponte Vedra, Florida for Jessica's wedding! We are SO excited about this and we have a HUGE weekend planned! Wednesday and Thursday night we are staying with Ben and Trichelle Petermann, our BFFs from Maine who now live in Jacksonville. We can't wait to see them and meet their baby girl, Norah, who was born last October. The wedding festivities begin on Thursday evening and the big day is on Saturday! Jessica and Chris are such an awesome couple and we couldn't be more excited for them! We'll be staying in Ponte Vedra through Monday, and then we have to make the 2 day trek back to Texas.

So far, this trip has been wonderful and we wish it didn't have to end. I know it's going to be VERY tough getting back to reality in Corpus Christi!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful that you are having some good family time. Isn't it precious?? Happy Travels! And Cole is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I definitely think Cole and Nathaniel look alike and I kind of see a resemblance between Everett and Cole! I can't wait to get our guys together in person - then we'll really be able to tell! Have a safe trip back to CC!

    ReplyDelete