Last week Cole and I drove up to Dallas to spend the week with some old and new friends. When Jeff and I first lived in Corpus Christi during his flight training, I met the most wonderful group of girls who I'm blessed to have kept in touch with!
Staci and I actually met way back in Pensacola, and we have followed one another to every duty station thus far! Jen, Tara, and Laura, however, have scattered across the country, but we have all managed to stay in touch over the years. We have had a reunion every 2 years--the first was in Little Rock, where we visited Tara, and the second was in Maine a couple of years ago. This time we picked Dallas because Staci's parents generously welcomed all of us (and our kids) into their home. We had a great time catching up over wine and brownies, getting to know one another's babies, and of course, shopping! Unfortunately, Laura was not able to make it to Dallas because she welcomed her baby girl, Morgan, into the world just 3 weeks prior! Laura, you were missed!
It amazes me how easily the four of us were able to pick up where we left off 2 years ago as if we saw each other yesterday! We were in awe of how much our lives have changed since we met 6 years ago. When we met in 2003 we were all young newleyweds, living in our little apartments! Since then, there have been 6 babies, soon to be 7, between all of us! This year most of us celebrate turning the big 3-0!!! Where has the time gone? I don't know, but I do know that these girls will be my friends for life!
Our next reunion just may be in Germany! Tara is moving there at the end of the summer for the next 3 years. If we can all take a break from having babies, we'd love to come out and visit you, Tara!
We were all so busy with our little ones, that we forgot to take a group photo before Staci's parents left for work, so we had to take them in shifts. One little one is missing...Karine was taking a nap at the time.
Jen and Everett, Tara, me and Cole...................... Lexi (Tara's daughter), Ella and Staci
Jen and I doing what we do best--Shopping! Even our babies can't slow us down!
Cole and Everett are just 6 days apart...
I was so busy before I left on my trip that I didn't have time to post about my new wheels! I finally traded in the Jeep after 8 years and got something a little more luxurious for Cole to ride in! It was great to have a new car to make the 7 hour drive to Dallas more enjoyable.
When I got back from Dallas, our new patio was finished. If you have ever been to visit us here in Texas, you know that the average backyard in Corpus is not much to write home about, and ours was no exception. For some reason, they just don't appreciate a large yard here and the houses are jam-packed as close as humanly possible! So, even though it is small, Jeff and I decided to make the most of what we have and turn our little yard into a tropical paradise. (Ok, that may be a bit of an exaggeration, but it IS a huge improvement). We still need to get patio furniture, but we are looking forward to entertaining friends for summertime BBQ's very soon!
Cole has a new toy too! We broke out his jumperoo and he LOVES it, although his feet don't quite touch the ground yet!
And finally, we tried out some rice cereal for the first time tonight! He's only a week away from being 4 months old, so we thought we'd go ahead and try it, since he is such a hungry little guy all the time! He did a great job eating from the spoon and he seemed to like it. Will it help him sleep through the night?...I hope so!!! He has been going to bed early...anywhere between 5:30 and 7:00 pm. He generally wakes up twice during the night/early morning, but doesn't get up for the day until around 8:00 am and then goes back down for a nap within an hour. He takes at least 3 good naps during the day. This kid loves his sleep! Here he is, anticipating the first bite, and then with his messy rice cereal face.
Jeff and I continue to be in awe of our little miracle, Cole. Every day with him is so special and full of joy! I can't believe he is growing up so fast. Here he is being silly with Mommy and Daddy lately.
so fun! can you believe our boys are getting soo big?! it's fun to see pics of cole, because our boys have a lot of the same things, the jumperoo (which i have the box sitting out, ready to put together), the clothes, the bib! it's too cute. love the car and the patio too!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the pictures you posted and everything you wrote about our reunion! My fav pic is the one of you and I getting our "shop" on!
ReplyDelete