
In case you are not an expert at deciphering ultrasound photos, that is TWO babies you see there! Yep, that's right---we're having TWINS!
Jeff and I are stunned, thrilled, excited, terrified...but most of all we feel incredibly blessed!
Here are a few answers to the FAQ's we have been getting:
1. I am due Sept 30 (which makes me 11 weeks and 3 days today!) It has been a pretty miserable 1st trimester...double the hormones equals double the nausea, double the exhaustion! Thank goodness I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
2. We don't know if they are fraternal and identical yet. They each have their own placenta and their own sac, which does not rule out either one. If we find out that we have 1 boy and 1 girl, we'll know they are obviously fraternal. But, if they are the same sex, we won't know until they are born if they are identical or fraternal.
3. Yes, we are definitely going to find out their genders!
4. Yes, twins do run in my family! I had no idea of this fact until I called my parents and said "How did this happen??!" It turns out that my dad's side of the family had several sets of twins a few generations back that no one ever mentioned to me before!
5. Jeff being a twin has nothing to do with us having twins! It is just a neat coincidence! The twin gene comes from the mother's side. However, this is only true if they are fraternal. Identical twins are a "fluke" and not influenced by genetics.
6. Cole will be 19 months old by my due date. But, with twins typically arriving a few weeks early, they will most likely be about 18 months apart! We will have 3 kids under the age of 2!
We are so excited to share our news with everyone and we appreciate all of your love and support!
Love,
Jeff and Sarah
so excited to see their "picture" takes me back!! so excited for you and so thrilled that they are separate sacs/placentas. that is a huge blessing in itself! love you
ReplyDeleteOH MY WORD GIRLIE!!! I need to call you so we can catch up!! How exciting and crazy! What an amazing blessing:) Yay!!! (PS Twins run on my mom's side of the family too)
ReplyDeleteOH WOW! Congrats, congrats, congrats! I hope you are feeling better. That is wonderful that they will be so close in age. I wish mine were closer in age. I can't wait to hear all of the updates on your progress.
ReplyDelete