Saturday, October 16, 2010

Busy, Busy!



The girls are growing like weeds and changing every day! They both are losing their hair, although Camdyn's is falling out much more quickly than Delainey's. She looks like a little old man with her bald head! It is hard to be sure, but it also seems to be turning blonde, or at least a much lighter shade of brown. They both still have their dark blue eyes though. Delainey continues to be noticeably bigger than Camdyn, with about 2 extra pounds on her! If you can't tell, that is Camdyn on the left, Delainey on the right.

Delainey's Elvis impersonation


Camdyn chillin' in the swing


I'm still amazed at how much they sleep...in fact, they are rarely awake unless they are eating. They eat every 3-4 hours during the day and sleep/eat anywhere from 3-6 hours at night. A few nights ago they slept for 6.5 hours and I was in heaven! Of course, the next night they were up every 3 hours again. :( Not to say that they always sleep at the same time, of course. But in general, if one of them wakes up, we go ahead and wake up the other one to eat at the same time.

When people ask me how it is going, my automatic response is: "I'm extremely busy, but in the best possible way!" I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing than taking care of my 3 beautiful babies, even though it can be pretty exhausting. Our typical day (IF all goes as planned) starts around 7 a.m., when Cole wakes up. If Jeff doesn't have to be at work early, he will get up with Cole so I can sleep in until the babies wake up (or I wake them). This usually occurs around 8 or 8:30. Then everyone gets fed breakfast and we head out the door to Stroller Strides. Stroller Strides has saved my sanity! It is a workout class where we alternate intervals of running with strength training, all while pushing our babies in the strollers. I love the opportunity to socialize with other moms and it ensures that I get out of the house and into the fresh air every day! After class, Cole and the other kids play at the park until it is time to come home for lunch. Once he has lunch, it is nap time for Cole and I can spend some one-on-one time with the girls.


On Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays, our amazing babysitter, Victoria, comes over to help out in the afternoons. She usually entertains Cole so that I can tend to the babies, do housework, take a shower, or if I'm really lucky, a nap! Cole is also still going to Mother's Day Out on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, which keeps him from getting too bored at home.


Cole has been quite a challenge lately! He suddenly has an opinion about EVERYTHING, and only wants to do something if it was his idea first. He has such a great personality and he is SO smart, but boy is he stubborn! It has been really eye opening to see first-hand how much babies develop in just 18 months as we compare him to the twins. He seems so grown up, but we have to remind ourselves that he is still a baby too!

Cole's project with Daddy:


2 comments:

  1. Loved the blog post, Sarah! The girls and Cole are adorable as always. Beautiful children. You sound like you have a great routine going and I am encouraged by you as I prepare for #2. :) Keep blogging - when you find the time of course! :) xo Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I am so glad you blogged about this because I have been wanting to ask you how you do it! (But I didn't want to ask since I know you're so busy)!! I love hearing about life at your house and am so impressed with you! You are an awesome mommy:) Love to you all!

    ReplyDelete