We celebrated Cole's birthday on Saturday the 18th, so it took some convincing to explain to him that Monday was his "actual" birthday! He kept insisting that it is NOT his birthday and he is NOT 3 anymore, he is 2 again! (Hmmm...Maybe on my birthday I will insist that I am 29 again. ;) )
This year was all about trucks! Cole loves all types of vehicles, but lately he has been obsessed with cement mixers...or "ment mixers" as he calls them. After several weeks of talking up his Fire Truck Birthday party that I was planning, Cole seemed to be pretty excited about the idea. That is until the day I came home from Publix and told him that I had just ordered his fire truck birthday cake...and he told me that he wanted a cement mixer cake, not a fire truck! Well, you're only 3 once so I suppose if the boy wants a cement mixer cake, he should get one! And fortunately, Publix actually DOES make an adorable "construction zone" cake. Cole was absolutely thrilled with his birthday cake, probably more so than any of the toys he received, so I'm glad I changed it for him.
This year was all about trucks! Cole loves all types of vehicles, but lately he has been obsessed with cement mixers...or "ment mixers" as he calls them. After several weeks of talking up his Fire Truck Birthday party that I was planning, Cole seemed to be pretty excited about the idea. That is until the day I came home from Publix and told him that I had just ordered his fire truck birthday cake...and he told me that he wanted a cement mixer cake, not a fire truck! Well, you're only 3 once so I suppose if the boy wants a cement mixer cake, he should get one! And fortunately, Publix actually DOES make an adorable "construction zone" cake. Cole was absolutely thrilled with his birthday cake, probably more so than any of the toys he received, so I'm glad I changed it for him.
The fun continues next weekend when we will go to Kennesaw for another birthday celebration with Gigi and Grandpa, Jason, Anna, Jack, Jessica and Chris. We are going to Chuck-E-Cheese, so it should be another fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment