Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feeling Sentimental...and a little guilty!

Tomorrow my sweet, precious Cole will be 3 years old! Where has the time gone?

As I spent some time reminiscing this weekend about all the wonderful joys that these last 3 years of motherhood have brought, I realized that I have let time get the best of me. Free time is something a mom of 3 kids under the age of 3 doesn't have much of. I have let myself get so wrapped up in the tedious tasks of the everyday that I have not made enough time to cherish and celebrate all of the amazing things these 3 children bring to my life every single day!

I am sad when I look back and see that each month, I have taken less and less photos, very few videos, and haven't written down important milestones in the baby books. I didn't blog a single time in 2010! I looked back at the last blog posts I wrote (back when the twins were newborns!) and I was amazed at how many details I have already forgotten, even about their birth and my pregnancy, that I was able to relive as I read over those posts again tonight. What a blessing that at least I wrote THAT stuff down!

Unfortunately, the last 15 months since my last post have been a blur, and there is no way to recapture all of those details that have been lost in the shuffle. So from this day forward, I am making a promise to myself that I will take more pictures, videos, and write things down! This blog will be our virtual scrapbook. I may not have a lot of free time, but I can certainly make time at the end of the day to post a quick photo or a cute thing that one of the kids said... and who knows, maybe I'll even get out those baby books one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment