Unfortunately, Mimi's visit had to come to an end today. It always amazes me how fast one week can go by when either we have company or we travel back home to GA. Mom and I couldn't help but notice how this visit was quite different from all of the ones in the past, now that Cole is the center of our world! In the past, when Mom came to visit, we'd go shopping, to the movies, out to lunch, out for manicures...you get the picture. Well, this time it was more like this: Mom watches Cole so I can go to the store, Mom takes Cole for a walk so I can vacuum the house, etc, etc. Not quite as much fun as before, not that I would trade it for anything! While it was uneventful, we had a wonderful week together, and I know Cole loved every minute of being spoiled by his Mimi. And yes, he was spoiled! Our easy, independent little boy who used to be content playing by himself for long stretches of time now doesn't want to be put down!! That's ok, Mom, I guess that's what Mimis are for! ;) Mom spoiled me too--cleaning the house, doing laundry, walking the dogs, and helping out with Cole's routine so Jeff and I could have a break. It was such a treat---thank you Mom!
Jeff and I did have an especially nice treat in that we spent Sunday and Monday in Houston and left Cole at home with Mimi. It was the longest I had ever been away from him and I was very nervous about it. I knew that he was in good hands, but I was worried that I would miss him so much that I'd just want to turn the car around and come home! Surprisingly, I did fine and was able to enjoy our fancy hotel, nice dinner, and sightseeing in Houston. When we got home and I got to hold him in my arms again, Cole just stared up at me without taking his eyes off my face for a second. It was so sweet to know he missed me too!
Jeff had his 31st birthday last Thursday. The one thing he asked for was a cookie cake, so I happily ordered a special football cake in honor of the first GA game this weekend. Well, I walked in the door, balancing the prized cookie cake along with my purse, several packages, the mail, etc, etc and proceeded to trip over the dog. The cookie cake box came flying open, the cake folded like an accordian and landed on the floor!!! My mom was optimisitic that we could put the cake back together and she really gave it her best shot, but this is how it ended up looking:
So, we ordered a second cake and I managed to get it in the door without dropping it! Fortunately, in this house we have no shame, so we ate both cakes anyway (the floor HAD just been mopped, after all)! I never want to see another cookie cake again!! Yuck!
(Cake #2)
So, I guess I must mention that Cole was very disappointed in his first GA game! He was so cute in his Bulldogs hat, but it didn't bring our team any luck on Saturday.
Thanks to Dave and Amy for Cole's cute new jammies! He really needed some new ones, so they came at just the right time! We hope you guys had a great time in Maine this weekend, and we wished we were there!
No comments:
Post a Comment